Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Into the Dark, Vol. 1 by Milly Silver

Into the Dark, Vol. 1 (Into the Dark, #1)Into the Dark, Vol. 1 by Milly Silver
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Love the fast-paced action in The Hunger Games Trilogy?
Want to relive the romance of The Twilight Saga?

This Young Adult series is for you!


"The only three people in the world who I truly loved were my best friend, Ben, my Uncle Spencer and his fiancee, Irene. I am now grateful for what I didn't know on that sunny afternoon. One of them would soon be lost to me. The other two, I was destined to kill without hesitation or remorse.
It wasn't premeditated.
It was what needed to be done.
So I did it."



Success means love. Failure a death sentence.

When seventeen-year-old Oxford student Emily Baxter steps forward to become part of the search and rescue team for her kidnapped family member, she sees it as her last chance to put things right. Despite her seizures and being ripped between parallel universes, Emily is determined to get back to living a normal life. But first Emily has to join forces with the mysterious Gifted & Talented set and the darkly beautiful Henry Seadon. And survive. Killing the Misery-Makers who get in their way is a necessary evil.

INTO THE DARK SERIES #1-4 by Milly Silver is a YA paranormal romance series. It's a story of family, love, loss, and being uniquely gifted.

This is an exciting four-part YA action adventure series by British author, Milly Silver


Novel Lasses Review : Part 1 (Chapters 1-5)

Okay I finished... it seems 5 minutes after I started it. That was unexpected, I wasn't aware that the book was broken down that way. So it left me kind of aggravated being away from my computer and not being able to send myself the next part to continue.

When I first started reading I was a little lost and had to go back and get my footing. I was unclear what was going one. It wasn't until I was around chapter four I understood a little about what was happening to Emily (and Ben from the Prologue) . However, thus far the rules haven't been made clear. I would be interested to know how Henry & Seb play into the storyline.

The way the book is broken down is a big turn off for me. To be honest I stay away from book that are sold this way. Therefore my rating will be low; it did appeal to me, somewhat and I will continue on.

Deep down it's my wish that the author will combine all four parts into one book and I can rate the overall series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!