I (Macy) review middle grade fiction and young adult fiction (ages 10-18). My mother (Lissa) also reviews such books along with adult books (essentially 10- 18+).We read in a variety of genres including realistic fiction, romance, science fiction, fantasy, supernatural/paranormal, thriller/suspense, and chick lit.
Though my mother will read anything that catches her clutches in the first fifty pages. I (Lissa) have caught Macy reading biographies but I can't convince her to do her homework. I (Macy) read a few poetry books, mom (Lissa) loves short story collections, I (Macy) fancy graphic novels (but only in book form).
1 Star: Sucked or DNF
2 stars: Read it or Pass
3 Stars: Good- Recommend
4 Stars: Loved - Highly Recommend
5 Stars: Amazing- Must Read Now!
Genre breakdown but not limited to: (in no order)
Paranormal books of any kind (vampire, werewolf, angels, magic)
Mythology (modern and classic retelling's)
Fairy tales (modern and classic retelling's)
Romance (chic-lit or with a paranormal twist)
Science fiction (especially if it involves time travel and alternate realities)
Early Childhood/ Educational (mom made me add it, because she goes for this type!)
Publishers, Authors, etc.:
Things you should know:
1) We do not guarantee a review of your book. We are agreeing to consider it for review.
2) Mom (Lissa) give all books at least 50 to 100 pages. I (Macy) will try for at least fifty.
3) We are not promising anyone (author or publisher) a positive review in exchange for a review copy. Just and honest review and sometimes just plain fun.
4) In all our reviews we will strive for honesty. Reviews are the opinion of the reviewer. In short, they are subjective. You should know The Novel-lasses blog will feature both negative and positive reviews but all will be fair and the in the view of the reviewer.
5) We do not guarantee that we will get to your book immediately. We will schedule your book for review as soon as we receive it. We read and review on a first come first serve basics, we can't promise to get to any one book in a given time frame.
6) The Novel Lasses asks that publishers, authors, etc. be willing to offer a copy or two for a give-a-way with the review.
7)All book received for review become property (not that we own any rights, just we get to keep the books) of The Novel Lasses to keep for our enjoyment or add to a blog give-a-way.
8) Kindle files at most times are acceptable with the exception of graphic novels and early childhood/ educational books which will be accepted in paperback, hard or soft copies.
9) If you want to email us to check and see if it arrived safely, that's fine!
About blog tours, we are interested in participating in blog tours. Life gets crazy and some months we just got too much going on to commit to a blog tour. But that doesn't mean don't ask, love being invited to participate. Until we get the hang of it, we might need some hand holding to get through it. So bear with us!