Saturday, June 15, 2013

A Vampire's Saving Embrace by Darlene Kuncytes

A Vampire's Saving EmbraceSynopsis:
 
Abigail Montgomery was happy with her life. She was independent, strong, and had managed on her own for a very long time. That was, until the dark, handsome Desmond LaGrange showed up at the bar where she worked. How could she know that this mysterious man would end up saving her from the evil that she didn't even know existed? And why was she so drawn to him? Why did he make her body heat with just a simple look? Desmond LaGrange was fighting a past he was trying hard to forget. But when he see's the beautiful Abby working behind the bar - something deep inside compels him to get closer. The only question is why? And when he saves her from danger - can he resist the strong pull between them to let her go when the time comes? Or will the passion that she ignites in him be his end?

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Would you recommend this book? Yes, to mature readers.
 
It's summer time and hot as hell in Georgia, so first off I want to thank Darlene Kuncyles! I just flat out enjoyed the hell out of novella. Because of the heat it's soooo not fair for me to be writing a review when on the verge of jumping into the closest body of ice cold water I can find. It was such a short interesting read loaded with many supernatural's to try and keep you guessing at what was doing with the turning of the pages.

I just can't do the novella justice. I was drawn into the world of Abigail 'Abby' Montgomery from page one and didn't stop reading until the final page and left me wanting more. Not to say I didn't have my hang ups with novella. But the hang ups are little things that with a learning author in time will clear up as they gain experience. Kuncyles surpassed all my expectations yet, left me with the lingering the question who's embrace truly saved whom?

Kuncyles did an excellent job blending several different supernatural's vampires, demons, werewolves, fae and witches in the world she built. I for one hope this little novella isn't the only glimpse of Abby and Desmond we get to read. There is so much potential for the story to move forward and I will be first in line to watch Darlene spread her creative wing and write bringing a new adventure Abby's way. After all she is the highest ranking fea with a vampire hubby. What could go wrong?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!