Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He Came For Mine (Protector, #2) by C.M. Brown


He Came For Mine (The Protector Series, #2)
Synopsis:

This book continues the story of Jazz and Sebastian's fated love affair. Sebastian abandoned Jazz at the end of book one and returns to his home world of Aidensdein, which was burned to the ground when Jazz escaped from his nemesis Brennan. He is kept busy rebuilding the city and restoring order to his people.

Unfortunately, Jazz is left alone to transform into a part-vampire and deliver their child on her own. Seb, of course does not know that she is even pregnant when he leaves her. As Jazz tries to survive the changes to her own body and raise a young vampire, she finds herself being drawn into a relationship with someone who looks very much like Seb. Can she trust this stranger, or should she be wary?.




He Came For Mine
by Carolyn Brown
Our rating: 3 of 5 stars

Little Lass Muses



Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Vampire
Cover: A bit eerie.
Thumbs: 1 1/2 thumbs of 4 up
Overall: Much better than book one.
Characters: Still fell flat a bit but much better.
Plot: Unique but needs more thinking.
Page Turner: No but getting better.
Recommend: Still iffy but better.
My Book Boyfriend: None
Most Like Me or who I want to be: None
 

Little Lass Random Thoughts:


First the jackass shows up and has no clue his brother is around. Guess Seb's super sniffer was broke. When he did see him he didn't find it strange. The characters in this book really get under my nails with now dumb they are. But gosh was it so much better. Packed with so much drama that at times I started to get lost in the story. But you know how idiocy works it yanks you from the story. I hope that this isn't the last book. It has that iffy vibe. It could end here but I think it's time for the kids to have their story. I already have the outline in my head... can't wait to see what Brown does next.


Novel Lass Reviews:

I was a bit off put by the cover. It's such a stark difference from the fun cover from book 1. It gives the hint that "He Came For Mine" must be a darker story. One that I just was not expecting. I also noticed the error with the moon. Where the moon in the story and on the cover of book 1 is blue and yet on the cover of two the moon is purple. I just wonder if I was the only one to notice that?

I was impressed with the second installment of the protectors series. Most authors slack when it comes to the second or a middle book. You can tell Brown put more thought into weaving this plot making the continuing story much better than the first. It was a little off putting however. After everything that Jazz went through in book one that she was a bit naive when it came to meeting someone who reminded her of Seb. Even I saw that betrayal coming a mile away.

Jazz's weakness when it come to Seb irritated me to death. Two years after Seb walked out of her life he waltzes back in and announces that he has to take the son he abandoned away from her in order for him to live. I got that the son needed bond with the father in order to mature. What I didn't get was how come Jazz didn't put up a fight. Medication was provided in book one and was used in book two to control blood lust. Jazz could have argued to use it with her son. But then all my worries were laid to rest with the birth of the twins. If ever there was a lousy mother Jazz fits the bill. Had I birthed twins and one was missing, instead of focusing on pleasuring my sexual urges I would be focused on caring for my daughter and stayed on everyone's ass about finding my missing daughter.

It was also a bit strange that after Jazz becoming the strong woman she needed to be in order to raise her "special" son. That suddenly she became weak needing help not knowing what to do with the second birth. It was just one of those wtf moments.

It may seem that I'm being harsh but truly I did enjoy this book much better than the first and I will diffanetly be looking for the next book in this in=improving series. I'm interested to know if Jazz will at last grow a back bone. Being the Queen to the vampires she will need one. Plus, I can't wait to see the magic that the children hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!