Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He Came For Me (Protector Series, #1) by C.M. Brown

He Came For Me! Book One in 'The Protector Series'Synposis:
Jazz, lives on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, in Queensland, Australia. She leads a normal teenage life busy with friends, TAFE College, a part time job as a waitress, surfing and searching for a boyfriend!
Until one day driving on her way to TAFE she is passed by a red Mazda Rx7. The driver holds her attention and as they both wait at a set of traffic lights to change to green, a sexual tension passes between them.
In the days that follow she finds that this guy moves into her life as she befriends him, his friends and family! But are Seb and his friends what they seem to be?
Attacks by groups of boys targeting girls Jazz's age are becoming noticed by the media. Eyewitnesses to the attacks state that these youths seem to possess abilities no normal human would be capable of. Is it drugs or is it something else?
Jazz finds that Seb, seems to be stalking her. What is his purpose? Is he really a friend or is he actually a foe?

A fantasy novel revolving around a love story between two young people, who should not by rights, come together. Crossing the dimensions of two worlds, this story embarks on a journey of love, duty and togetherness as the two young lovers fight to be together and keep each other safe. Overcoming many obstacles while fighting to protect one another this story will leave the reader intrigued and wondering what will happen next!



Our rating: 2 of 5 stars

Little Lass Muses


 Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Vampire
Cover: Just to cute. Love the pink, purple and blue
Thumbs: half turn
Overall: Back to the drawing board. Brown should email my mom. She is great with help on storylines.


Characters: Flat as a cartoon.
 Plot: Unique but needs more thinking.
Page Turner: No
Recommend: iffy
My Book Boyfriend: Didn't really find one this go aroud.
Most Like Me or who I want to be: Could find one here either.



Little Lass Random Thoughts:

Everything was real interesting. Separate demotions for the vampires and humans. I just didn't get one humans blood being able to let the vamps reproduce. In the back of my mind all I saw was one male vamp doing it with all the female vamps then when the kids grow up he would do with his own kids to make more baby vamps. Ugh, just gross and nasty. I do have to give Seb props for not draining Jazz. But going back home to hump and bump the night away. Jackass. (Sorry mom!)


Novel Lass Reviews:

The cover was what first drew me to "He Came For Me". I didn't have a clue what I reading as of late I tend to judge a book by its cover. I fell instantly for the vivid color scheme. Something about the pink, blue and purple took me back to my teen years on a basketball team called the Power Puff Girls. So you know, I just had to read. Usually, when I choose a book by its cover I never go wrong. However this time I think I bit off more than I could chew.

Don't get me wrong, I managed to finished the book. I felt obligated as my teenage daughter repeatedly reminded me that she managed to get through it, so could I. It just has that rushed to publish feel about it. Brown has a great outline for a story that has the potential if put back on the drawing table has the premises to be a great trilogy. Everything from the beginning, where I can't decipher if Jazz is in her senior year of high school or if she is in college, this includes later as Jazz bring up the fact that her parents pay for her private education. The only thing I'm clear on is her age and that didn't clear up the type of educational institution Jazz would attend as in the US, at eighteen some kids still attend high school as others attend their first year of college. Another thing that bothered me was the apple tattoo that the vampires were marked with. I will be honest my mind drifted to the story of Adam and Eve, where Eve tempted Adam with an apple (thought the fruit was not specifically mentioned). It seems in this case we have Adam tempting Eve.

The last issue I have is a big one; the relationship between the characters. I searched desperately for something to grasp to. I wasn't given a chance to feel for the characters. As a matter of fact the only thing I felt was similarities to other characters from other series without feeling. And the relationship between jazz and Seb seemed forced and unnatural. However, I think most of my issues boils down to the language used by the narrator. The narrator felt like a eighty year old pretending to be sixteen again only failing to lose the maturity.

All this being said, I did finish more because the curiosity to see where the relationship between Jazz and Seb would lead. What can I say I'm a sucker for romance. Not to mention that I do plan on reading the second book in the series just to find out if Jazz ends up with child, what comes of Seb's home land, if Jazz's visions come to past and more about the apple tats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!