Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Outsider (Roswell High, #1) by Melinda Metz

The Outsider (Roswell High, #1)
5 Far Out Stars!
Goodreads Synopsis

He's not like other guys.
Liz has seen him around. It's hard to miss Max -- the tall, blond, blue-eyed senior stands out in her high-school crowd. So why is he such a loner?

Max is in love with Liz. He loves the way her eyes light up when she laughs. And the way her long, black hair moves when she turns her head. Most of all, he loves to imagine what it would be like to kiss her.

But Max knows he can't get too close. He can't let her discover the truth about who he is. Or really, "what" he is....

Because the truth could kill her
.




Our rating: 5 of 5 stars

 


Little Lass Muses
Genre: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Romance, Alien
Cover: Interesting considering it has the cast from the series and the book was written first.
Thumbs: 4 Out 4 Up
Overall: It was interesting comparing the book to the tele series.
Characters: Very different from the tele series.
Plot: It was made into a tele series, remember?
Page Turner: It had its moments.
Recommend: Yes
My Book Boyfriend: Max! Was there even any other guy in the book. (JK) The boy has been in love with Liz from the moment he first saw her at school. He risked being exposed just to save her life.
Most Like Me or who I want to be: Liz. The girl has it all. Brains, beauty and a hot alien who would risk it all to keep her from harm. What a man/boy!

Little Lass Random Thoughts:

I watched the tele series with my mom last year. When she reminded me at that our library had the series, I jumped on 'em. The thing is I don't understand why authors seem to think when a girl see a hot guy all rational thinking fly's out the window. Yes Max has secretly been in love with Liz for years and saved her life. Liz owes Max protection from the government for saving her life. But why must the girl become a bubble head for the hot man/boy.


Big Lass Reviews
Wow! I found this at my local library while seeking out something to read. I just had to grab it because I loved the television series…. I just can’t get over how different the characters are. Michael is a blond… Isabelle is pathetic …gurr! The television versions of the characters are hotter and stronger!!. I had never noticed that the show was based on book until now. I have always been one who has a love hate relationship with books being brought to the small and big screen.

I can honestly say that having watched the series a number of times it was really hard to not imagine the characters the same as the ones who played on the television show. I was not disappointed at all with this book verses the show. Both the “Roswell” show and “The Outsiders” start in the way; Liz is shot by a man in her family's restaurant and Max saves her life.

Sheriff Valenti just like in the how has way too many questions and knows something is up. However, not like the show V is a danger For Max. Liz can't help but feel drawn to Max, yet she is stronger and more self aware in the books. I like her better in the books. However, I can’t stand Isobel in the book. She is weak and childish. Michael comes across as tough and tender in the book as in the series he is more standoffish and brute.

If you were a fan of the Roswell TV series like me; then this book is perfect for you. It’s fast paced and the writing is enjoyable for both adults and young adults alike. Metz's writing style is simple and I look forward to reading more from this author as well as the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!