Saturday, January 19, 2013

Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)Rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lil' Lass Muses:The story was pretty interesting and made for a good read. The visuals I got were so vivid I dreamed of them. What threw me was the funny cussing, klank, shuck, shank and such. That was a bit weird. I mean it's not like kids have never heard curse words before. I guess the author was just trying to keep it grammar school shelf because I saw this on the Elementary School shelf last year. I will definitely continue the series however it will not be among my favorites."
~Alexandria, 12


Big Lass ReviewsWhen I was young my mother taught me, if you don’t have anything nice to say; don’t say anything at all. It still is great advice for making friends, which is why I passed it on to my daughters; however not so great when writing a review. Now there is a difference between being down right mean and constructive criticism. To be honest I’m a little unsure how this is going to come across.

James Dashner Maze Runner Series made it my way through B4R’s first three Monthly Series read. I will admit it! After I started reading half way through the first book I just had to go searching, trying to find a reason t keep reading. I was shocked to find that I couldn’t find a reason to keep it going. I was almost turned off completely when I came across the author tooting his own horn about how great his own book is. Gish! That sounded bad; don’t get me wrong every author should be proud of their work. Enough, let’s move on with the review.

I truly have no idea what to say. Had the book not been a group read I wouldn’t have finished it much less continued the series. I will admit that JD writing of the surroundings was vivid however he fell off a cliff with character development. Maze Runner read like a 379 page idea for a great story pitch.

That said I gave the book 2 stars because it was interesting! However I am hoping book 2 gets better because the ending of Maze Runner seemed promising.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!