Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Professor and Betrayed (The Professor Trilogy, 1 & 2) by Kelly Harper

The Professor Trilogy #1  

Synopsis: Amazon Top 50 Romance Short Story
Amazon Top 100 Coming of Age
The Professor is the first of a three part series. Look for the second book, BETRAYED, in March 2013.
Kayla Ellis has everything going for her. She's well on her way to being admitted into one of the best business schools in the country, and things are looking up.
Then she receives disastrous news when she fails an exam in the last prerequisite course she has to take. Now she's forced to work closely with the Professor to make up her grade - a man she's tried hard to avoid all semester.
Sparks fly as the two try to keep things professional between them. But in the end, can they both hold out on what they truly desire?


New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language, and sexual content, this book is intended for readers aged 17+



To be honest I'm surprised this short story has gained such high ratings. I have been reading independently published books for so long I have got to the point of overlooking grammar and spelling errors if the storyline hooks me line and sinker.

'The Professor' just fell flat. The story moved to quick to build any apathy for the characters. In addition, the erotic scenes felt as if they were written by an inexperienced teenage dipping into the naughty pool.

Yeah, I know I'm not one to talk. I can read and experience the naughty but I'll be damned if I would be able to write the experience. Have no fears I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. I'm going to give 'Betrayed' book #2 in The Professor Trilogy a chance and see if it moves me.

Bookshelves:
Betrayed (The Professor Trilogy, #2)
Betrayed
The Professor Trilogy #2  
 
Synopsis: Betrayed is the sequel to Kelly Harper’s Romance Short Story and Coming of Age Best Seller, The Professor.
There are those who struggle to find love. They search for it their whole life. Some of them find it, and some of them don’t.
Kayla Ellis is not one of those people.
She’s young and ambitious, and is falling desperately in love with her professor, Ethan. Her whole life has been dedicated to making a better life for her and her parents. But in one single night, her whole life was thrown off course.
Ethan has a little secret of his own, and when it’s revealed, it threatens the very foundation of what they are trying to build together.
One chance encounter outside of a restaurant throws both Kayla and Ethan’s lives into disarray. Both of them scramble to pull the pieces of themselves back together before they lose each other forever.
But who’s Betrayed whom, in this finely woven tale of lost love and deceit?


(New Adult Contemporary) **Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.

 
Betrayed (The Professor Trilogy, #2)
Rating: 2 of 5 stars

Again I find myself utterly shocked at the high rating this series is getting. Betrayed was a bit longer than its predecessor, however for me it gave off the feeling of a fifth grader masquerading as an adult literature with an erotic touch.

I just couldn't get past the astronomical use of 'I said, He said and I said, She said' REPEATVELY within the same text. That said the plot has some serious potential, it does with some careful editing, filling in and rounding of the characters.

Will I finish this trilogy? After waging war with myself taking an entire day to read two short stories, I will have to pass. However, if I run across someone who has bothered to read the final installment I may ask how it ends if I remember.

 Bookshelves:
For what it is worth, we're am glad you took the time to take a 'look-see' at our blog today.  Please leave a comment below and let us know what you think.  Everyone has room for improvement.  Also you will be added to the monthly top commenter giveaway!  Hint:  It will be a kindle book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!