Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
Synopsis:
In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh -a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of oth Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can't trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V'lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.



Rating: 4 of 5 stars

Star stats:
Jaded Adult:
3 Stars
Forever Young: 5 Stars
Over All: 4 Stars

Yes, I have an odd obsession cover art. That is why I must point out that I love the cover art for the hard copy of Blood Fever better than I do the kindle version. However that didn't stop me from reading. After all with the cliff hanger Dark fever left I had no choice but to continue the story despite the poor kindle art verses the book art.

I'm currently suffering from split personality disorder, (if that is such a thing?) Half of me says, Moning has done it! I'm now full time fan. I am so glad Moning spent time developing Mac in this book. I just enjoyed the style in which Moning skirts the deets and we get a sliver of hints here and there as to what may be. Not to mention he slight sexual tension that goes nowhere slow.

The other half want to beat some smarts into me. I could have save some reading time and just started with book two. Don't get me wrong, here. The story was great from a young, young adults point view. But for me, it seemed Moning spent two thirds of the book recapping the reader about book one causing the story line to move at a snail's pace.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. I don't mind the snail's pace as long as the imagery is satisfying. I can't wait to see where Moning take Mac next.
  
Recommended for: Ages 13 and up
Read from September 06 to 14, 2012, read count: 1

Inbetweener & others that belong to this series:
Darkfever (Fever, #1) The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever #1.4) Faefever (Fever, #3) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
For what it is worth, we're am glad you took the time to take a 'look-see' at our blog today.  Please leave a comment below and let us know what you think.  Everyone has room for improvement.  Also you will be added to the monthly top commenter giveaway!  Hint:  It will be a kindle book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!