Monday, February 4, 2013

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Goodreads Synopsis:

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

This book is intended for mature audiences.


My mom's rating: 3 of 5 stars

Little Lass Muses


Genre: Adult, Erotic, Romance, Not For the Under 18 Kiddies.
Cover: Two are pretty but I don't get the cuffs?
Thumbs: 4 Out 4 Up
Overall: Weird!
Characters: Weird, Creepy.
Plot: Another word for weird, strange.
Page Turner: Yes, for what I was allowed to read.
Recommend: Mom does.
My Book Boyfriend: Yuck, they are gross. Weird old people love.
Most Like Me or who I want to be: I pick me and me alone.


Little Lass Random Thoughts:

I want to review this but I'm not old to read it. My sister fix on computer and took way the bad parts. Ana is a bad example for girls even the older girls like my mom. I don't get why a girl would want a guy that hurts her. Sick.

This is my review for all 3 books so you will see this with the reviews. We read them last year. But they are pretty good if you get into that.


Novel Lass Reviews:

I have often commented… I had a tough time writing a review for one. Writing a good review that people can respect while getting your point across, without giving any spoils of book away is often hard. However, that is not my dilemma with 50 Shades. I’m having trouble with the constructive critical rule. If you openly say something negative, you have to come back with two positives.

Now what drew me to 50 Shades is simple, several of my goodreads friends commented that Silvia Day was ripping off E.L James story line. I was one of the lucky ones to get an advance copy Day “Bared to Me” and loved it. So in the back of my mind I was thinking… If a talented author like Sylvia Day can spin a 5 Star review using 50 Shades to inspire such a well crafted storyline; 50 Shade must be off the hook. Let me not forget that it also brought Gomez the former Disney Channel/ Music Star out of the children’s spotlight and landed her in the world of Adult Erotica … I had to read!

My reading group B4R choose to read trilogy at my urging. On that note: Too some of my fellow member, I owe a deep thoughtful apology, to others, I’m thankful you enjoyed and to one in particular (and you know who you are) I’m grateful you found a silver lining in all the gray and made the read more enjoyable for all of us with you laugh out loud comments!

I guess you could say I’m split down the middle. I enjoyed the book. More than likely not for the same reasons other enjoyed it. For me it was a comical relief. I couldn't stop giggling like a schoolgirl who know something no one else does. If you do read I urge you to focus on the story line. The beatings, tie me up tie me down are just the sexual frustrations of the author poured out for the world to read. It’s a little rough hot, not my cup of tea but it get the ball rolling. The story line is worth it, but it’s not on par with Silvia Day. It’s also a read I would suggest you borrow from a friend keep your $$$ for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!