Friday, January 25, 2013

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

ForgottenGoodreads Synopsis:

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.
 
When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.




by Cat Patrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Little Lass Muses
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Romance,
Cover: Totally cool
Thumbs: 4 Out 4 Up
Overall: I'm pretty sure I loved every word.
Characters: I loved everyone.
Plot: It reminded me of the movie Fifty First Dates but from the a young girls POV an much better twists with a hint of mystery.
Page Turner: Yes
Recommend: Yes
My Book Boyfriend: Luke because if I ever forget who I am. I want my own Luke to remind me how much I love being in love with him.
Most Like Me or who I want to be: Everyone that surround and loves London is full of strength and pulls together.


Little Lass Random Thoughts:

I was more mesmerized most by the unashamed love that Luke had for London. I mean it's not every day that you will find a young prince bending over backwards to remind a young woman how much they are in love. When London recalled Luke without having to check her notes it was the tenderest moment in the book. However I found the ending heartbreaking. And in so many ways want the story to continue.


Novel Lass Reviews:
Cat Patrick took me on an unforgettable journey through the eyes of London, a young girl whose memory reset every morning. She has no memory of her past and every memory of the future. Forgotten was so gripping to me literally could not put it down; I laughed, I sighed, I giggled, I cried. The story was a mesmerizing page-turning psychological mystery; full of drama and young love that I greedily consumed in one evening.

I know I had said this before but the story hooked right from the start. London grab my attention primarily by the lists she writes for herself and I was confused at first. I didn't understand why they were so important and why she freaked out over the cell phone. When I did and I was sucked further into the story vying to see where it would lead. London falls for Luke, and gets the pleasure of meeting him for the first time every single day. She quickly falls for him, hard, and fast. The feelings they have for each other reach intense heights in what is a short space of time.

I had so many favorite points throughout the story I’m not sure if I can narrow it down. Nevertheless, if I had to pick just one, I think my favorite part of the story would have to be the minivan date. It was refreshing reading a about a young man romancing a young woman he clearly loved. As a woman, I know it is usually (us) the female’s who wind up romanticizing a date/ relationship and the guy’s intentions. I was wonderful to read the romancing coming from the guy for a change. Most assuredly, Luke was my favorite character. It was refreshing reading (though from London’s POV) how much he loved London and never giving up even when London pushes him away. I had three big reactions to be honest. However, the one that stands out the most is London remembering Luke without having to read her notes. My heart burst opened at the realization that they could be forever soul mates, just as Luke had romanticized on the minivan date. My second stand out moment was London the future London saw for Luke. After all both have been through it just didn’t seem fair to either one of them. My third was learning that her brother was still alive, he*l that she even had a brother and it made me wonder…. Could her memory loss be linked to finding her brother? If so, once he appears will she be able to remember and what about her future memories…..What will happen??

Honestly I can’t recall reading a book like this before. I thought it was interesting that London could see the future however could not remember the past. It may seem that Jamie, Adam and London’s father were just a sideline character. However if Cat Patrick decides to continue the story with another book I think we will see more of the characters. Especially, Jamie and Adam if Luke and London can’t figure out a way to change Luke’s future. My only disappointment was with the ending. For me it was too rushed, and I felt like there was more to say, more story to tell. I don't think it should have ended and what I hear is there will be no sequel. I have a feeling there will be more from London, but don't hold me to that.

Do yourself a favor and DON’T miss this one…!! Forgotten it is a stirring and extraordinary debut novella that will haunt your dreams and leave you yearning for more. It’s the second best book I have read this month alone and it’s the best YA book I have read this month!!

READ!! READ!! READ!!! What else can I say?


Our Favorite Random Quotes:

“I think it’s just the whole package. I can’t pick you apart. I just love all of you. I think I always have.”

“I can’t stay away from you,” he whispers...“Don’t stay away from me, then,” I whisper back...”

“The boy in the closet is your boyfriend. He loves you and will tell you all about last night.”

“Luke learned that he’s going to die young today and all he wants to ask me about is sex?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We “The Novel Lasses” would love to know what you are thinking. Leave us a comment and Alexandra or Lissa will get back to you ASAP! Remember to be kind and love one another! Share!